Remain living independently in your home with our support services

We understand it can be a difficult decision to seek assistance, and invite someone into your home to provide support. This decision may come after a change in your situation, or to your health. Our Home Support Services team is here to help you navigate the Government’s My Aged Care system, so you gain access to the right support for your circumstances.


Finncare’s Home Support Services provides services that are funded through Home Care Packages (HCP) and the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP). Services can also be arranged privately.

Get a wide range of individualised support


Finncare is a registered and approved provider of Home Care Packages (HCP). Together with your Case Manager, you will design an individualised care plan that ensures you are getting the correct support for your needs and preferences. Through a HCP, we can provide a wide range of support. This could include assisting you with shopping, house cleaning, physiotherapy, nursing, home modifications, gardening and maintenance services, and more.

Finncare is also subsidised to deliver CHSP Domestic Assistance, Individual Social Support, Personal Care, Exercise Physiology and Group Social Support. Our Group Social Support is delivered through our Day Centre. Clients of the Day Centre are welcome to join our wide range of activities and excursions. Our schedule changes regularly and provides a great opportunity to stay active and meet new people with similar interests.


Let our qualified & professional staff care for you


Our Home Support Staff are all qualified professionals, who hold a current police check. The Home Support field staff have all obtained a Certificate 3 in Individual Support or Certificate 4 in Ageing Support.

We are unique in supporting Finnish speaking clients with Finnish speaking support staff who can work with clients to attend appointments where assistance is needed with translating.

Finncare provides quality care and services, as all staff maintain their skills and knowledge through ongoing training.

Frequently Asked Questions


Am I eligible for home care services?

You may be eligible for support if you are aged over 65 (or 50, if you identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander) and need help to do the things you used to do. Eligibility is determined via an assessment process with My Aged Care. To begin the process, a referral to My Aged Care is required.

  • You can self-refer by phoning 1800 200 422.
  • Have a family member or representative refer on your behalf.
  • Your GP can refer you via the GP e-Referral service.
  • A Finncare case manager can refer on your behalf.


Can I still receive services if I am not eligible for a government subsidised service?

All of our home care services can be arranged privately to suit your needs. Please contact us for further information.

How much do HCP services cost?

Home Care Packages are income assessed by Services Australia. As a result of this assessment you may be asked to pay an Income Tested Care Fee (ITF).

Additional income may be sourced via various supplements, e.g. Dementia and Cognition supplement.

Our friendly staff are happy to answer any questions you might have about this process. Contact us on 07 3829 4800 today.

We have been able to enjoy the great Finnish Home Care Services for ten years already and have been very happy with them. We have received both spiritual as well as physical rehabilitation and support. Help with transport to the hospital has been a very important part of the service. Thanks to the great staff!!” 

Aate and Mildi